Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Assorted vids and pics!

So... I've been back for over a week now and have decided it's time for a download of pics and vids from my iPhone. I want to say thanks for all the birthday cards I got from everyone - except Jimmy & Lauren (see their card below...), and also thanks for the Amazon vouchers (Playstation 3 game is on it's way as we speak) and the iTunes vouchers (AKA e-tunes - Dad!) - bringing my iPod up to date! I also realised that I had a load of reward points from my bank here in the States and those points roughly translated into a new digital camera, memory card, a flip video recorder, $100 Amazon vouchers and $100 iTunes vouchers...! So prepare yourselves for some better pics and videos on this blog in the near future! I love getting something for nothing!

It wouldn't be a blog without a quick recap of my week including my latest football failure - we just finished the season without a victory - should we be known as the Vincibles...? We contrived to throw away a two goal lead in the last 5 minutes and I managed to burn the last vestiges of friendly relationships I had with any of my teammates... No great loss - they are a constant reminder that, in America at least, the rise of the apes would be an evolutionary step forward... 

I also managed to fit in my weekly night out - I gave Gil the week off and instead went out with my business partner, Chris, and an ex-colleague of ours from Sapient, David. We had a few drinks in an Irish pub after which David dropped out to go home to his family (whoopah!) whilst Chris and I went for sushi and sake at a lovely Japanese restaurant by Bryant Park called Koi. We then walked 21 blocks as it was a nice night and found a cocktail lounge dark enough to hide my sweating! I forget the name of the place - not due to alcohol but rather just lack of attention. In a somewhat related way, I have decided that I am going to go to a bar alone in the next week or so as whilst I appreciate Chris and Gil's company, I think that if I keep relying on them we are soon going to become sick of each other. I have decided to make Hudson Bar & Books my local haunt - I will let you know how that goes...

Without further ado here are some visual treats:

Happy Birthday Dellboy!!


A study in concentration:


Let them eat cake...


Jimmy's worst nightmare...


This is what happens when you drink too much French red wine...


Happy Birthday to me.. Thanks Jimmy & Lauren


But good to know that they were listening to my philosophy...


Here is the 9th Wonder of the World - Mum & Dad's wonky floor...


The reason I spent two agonizing hours making small talk with Mr Reet rather than relaxing in the Virgin Upper Class Lounge....


My view at the golf driving range


Finally, my outside office when my cleaner is here...


Hope you enjoy the pics and vids. Love you all lots! xxx

1 comment:

  1. Loved the photos especially Del Boy and 'Carmen Miranda' aka Jimmy. Where was the Jimmy photo taken? Looks like the dress attire of a stag party! Keep the 'bulging-eyed' recorder photo as it can be used in the future as a threat for misbehaving children, Millwall football supporters or Graham Norton.

    How about a weekly blog on "Manhattan Bars, and what you find in them"?

    ReplyDelete